Sunday, February 5, 2012

week 1, post 3

I thought the 8 principles of communication were an important aspect of this chapter. They are basic guidelines that help explain how communication works. The first principle was interesting to me because it talks about how every action, communicates something. If we choose to be silent we are still communicating because it shows that we are upset or something in that matter. I thought this was interesting because i can think of a few times where by not saying anything i was communicating the point i wanted across. The second principle talked about how interpersonal communication is irreversible. I thought this was one of the most important principles because so many times you say things out of anger that you wish you could take back. The book states that "once we say something to another person those words become apart of the relationship". This principle explains that we should be carful about what we say to people because those words stick with us for the remainder of the relationship, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment