Thursday, March 22, 2012

week 7 post 1

I thought an important subject in this chapter was commitment. The book describes commitment as the “decision to remain in a relationship” (p. 198). This is simple but I think commitment it more than just that. The book goes on and explains that commitment is really the intention to share failure. I think this is a better definition of the word because anyone can stick with someone if all is good and lucrative, but when things go bad is what test true commitment of a person. I think commitment is important because it is the foundation of all relationships. If someone is truly committed to making a relationship work, than that relationship will have a better chance to survive. All the other aspects f a relationship like trust, comfort, and openness mean nothing with out the essential building block of commitment. lastly the book distinguishes between commitment and love and stats that love is a feeling in which we can not control whereas commitment is a decision that we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment