I often feel defensive in situations in which I am being accused of something. In this particular situation I was being accused of spilling cranberry juice on my friends carpet. The communication toward me was negative and supported a defensive climate rather than a supportive climate. The most common types of defensive communication that was used was strategy and evaluation. He was trying to get me to commit my mistake by carefully asking what i had been doing all night and did mention that the juice had been spilled. I knew that it had happened and i knew what he was eluding to so this made me defensive. Secondly, He was evaluating the situation on passed experiences and thought it was me before he knew any of the hard facts. These two types of communication preformed by my friend created a defensive climate and made it hard to resolve the situation. On one hand he thought i had did it without giving me a chance and how he went about it made me defensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment