Friday, April 13, 2012

week 9 post 1

Mikey and I have been very close friends ever since middle school. The investments that i have made for this friendship include time, effort, thought and feeling. I think the biggest investment though would be time. I can remember hanging out with him all day. The only time that we did not hang out was during class. We spent time together at school, on the football field, baseball field, and he lived up the street from me. I think all the time that was spent together allowed the other investments to gradually build up, and is why our friendship is so tight.
I think the way we built trust was originally from playing competitive sports together. On the football field i had to be confident that he was going to do his job so that i could do mine. If i tried to do both of our assignments then i would bot be able to get anything done, so i had to be confident that he could get it done. From that i started to trust Mikey. 

Football also helped me accept mikey. Football is a great sport because it reveals  true character. There is no hiding who you are on the football field. So after playing ball with mike i knew what kind of person he was and i was okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. Chim Richards,
    I met my best friend in middle school as well. I am so grateful to have her in my life. Just yesterday I threw a birthday party for my youngest son, and my husband called to let me know that his installation was running late and that he would get home as soon as he could. I called my friend to ask her if she could give me some time because I did not think that I could get everything done on time without his help. She heard my voice and just knew that I needed someone. She said she was on her way. I told her that wasn’t why I called and that all I needed was an extra half hour before she stopped by. She arrived ten minutes later and helped me pull everything off. My husband has grown to appreciate her as well. I hope that you and your friend realize how fortunate you are to have one another. In time you will realize just how important it is to have someone through thick and thin, and you two already share a history. You two are lucky to have one another.

    ReplyDelete