Sunday, April 29, 2012

week 11, post 2


Some of the trends that have been discussed in this chapter are a high divorce rate, especially among those who have already gotten one. I think this trend will continue to grow over time because it has become more acceptable among our generation. The kids growing up now have seen the amount of divorce that takes place and because of this divorce will be more acceptable when they grow older and marry. I think another trend that will continue to grow is the amount of single parents. The superstars that are culture values are not responsible parents, they are children with to much money that go around and party all the time. I think that this will shape the future of marriage, or the lack of marriage, because people will want to stay single longer. Lastly, i think that over the next 50 years we will see a decrease in the amount of children that people have. It has already gone down a lot, but i think it will continue to lower because the lack of resources this over crowded earth has.

1 comment:

  1. Chim,
    I absolutely agree with you. Marriage is starting to be taken more and more lightly. In the 1980’s when I was in elementary school, I can recall my classmates being surprised each time I mentioned my father. “You have a dad?” is what I got up until Junior college where the demographic had changed somewhat. I can only imagine what children will face fifty years from now. “Your mom doesn’t get child support?”, “Your parents are straight?”
    It is definitely something different than what I think I am prepared for. I just hope that I can instill firm values in my children so that they may do the same for theirs, and hopefully my grandchildren will uphold the sanctity of marriage instead of reject it.

    ReplyDelete