Sunday, April 22, 2012

week 10 post 3


This is an interesting point that the chapter discusses and i personally believe that it is unethical to purposely misrepresent your self over the internet. I think that it is unethical because the reasons behind representing yourself inaccurately is to hide reasons in which if other people know that may not communicate with you. I think that deception is more likely in an online setting, but happens in both settings. I think that this is because it is easier to deceive someone over the internet because it is easy to represent yourself as something you are not on the internet. I think that deception is is not limited to online setting, i just think that more people are capable of online deception because it is easier to achieve. It takes a smarter person that deceive someone that is looking right at them, and is why more people use deception online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment